Friday, September 05, 2008

Happy Birthday Greg!!


So today is my baby boy's 21'st birthday. I can't believe it. How did 21 years go by so quickly?
I have these random memories of him as a boy:
Joyful and full of life, friendly and outgoing-yelling at any available kid on the playground,"hey buddy!! Wanna play with me?"
Wrapping every teacher he ever had completely and totally around his little finger. Charm oozing out of every pore of his little body, as he blinked those big blue eyes at them. They never stood a chance.
Playing every sport he ever tackled with more gusto than I could ever imagine. 3 concussions, multiple emergency room trips, broken bones and a mother's fearful heart. We managed, and when it wasn't terrifying, man it was fun watching him play!
Seeing him light up the stage in every production he's ever been in. Goodness.
There's nobody like him, and there never will be. He's truly one of a kind, created by God, and what a blessing he's been.
Happy birthday dear Greg. I love you more than you will ever know. (until you have a son of your own and you finally understand)
DOVE!

No comments: