
Time for Friday Favorites!
A new feature of my blog: On Fridays, I'll be sharing some of my favorite things with you. Just for fun! And one of my favorite summertime treats is Tomatoes! Love me some 'maters. Nothing says summer like a fresh picked, vine ripened tomato from our little raised bed garden. Unfortunately, this heat has just about killed every living green thing, except for the bugs and worms, so not much of a bountiful harvest this year. I don't even have enough to can up a supply to carry us through the winter. Oh well, I'll enjoy the meager amount we have, and just eat 'em fresh! Yummmm yummmm!!!
One of our favorite ways to eat tomatoes, (other than slicing and salting them) is Bruschetta. I had some at an Italian restaurant recently and the server corrected my pronunciation of "brushetta" by telling me it's actually pronounced "brusketta". Whatever. I just call it delicious!
Simply chop up Roma tomatoes, a good size bunch of basil, one clove of garlic a bit of kosher salt, and a little olive oil or balsamic vinaigrette. (you can even add a bit of red onion to taste) You can serve it with crisp garlic toast like we did here, or actually place it on the toast, top with some parmesan or mozzarella, and pop it in the oven until the cheese has melted. Either way. WOW! A lovely taste of summer.

I use A La Carte Tuscan Roasted Garlic Dip from Willow House to make my Garlic Toast. It's seriously delicious, with huge chunks of roasted garlic throughout. Simply spritz your french bread or baguette with olive oil, sprinkle the Garlic seasoning on top and toast. You might also notice that pretty red appetizer plate. That's the Cinnabar Appetizer Tray, also from Willow House! You can order both of those products (and lots more) from my website!
No comments:
Post a Comment